Find me at

Previous Posts

Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome to kevinavery.com

In the coming months, this site will count down the publication of my first two books, Everything Is an Afterthought: The Life and Writings of Paul Nelson and Conversations with Clint: Paul Nelson's Lost Interviews with Clint Eastwood. The first book took me four years to research and write, whereas the second one took a little less than a year. Thanks to the vagaries of publishing, it appears that the second book is going to be published before the first.

Because the fine writer Paul Nelson is at the heart of both of them, he'll undoubtedly be a frequent topic of conversation here. Over thirty-five years have passed since I first read his work, and my goal remains the same as it did from the inception of book one: to reintroduce his writing to the culture and make sure it stays there.

"You can't research to get a book," Robert Penn Warren wrote. "You stumble on it, or hope to. Maybe you will, if you live right."

I must live right because it's happened twice in a row.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, May 23, 2011 , Blogger Tim Avery said...

First and foremost, congratulations on both the books! I am excited to get my hands on them and see what you've done on your first books!

And secondly, what a site! :)

 
At 2:20 PM, May 23, 2011 , Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks.

Yes, my web designer is a most talented guy. A true artist.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home